Friday 25 September 2009

Alison Mercer




I recently came across the webpage of my old foundation and textile tutor Alison Mercer. I went onto foundation with textiles in mind and a passion for working with different materials, but then found myself falling into graphic design, working and exploring more with type and illustration and most of all collage.

I remembered about a book I made on foundation as part of Alison's group it was named an "Altered book", and old existing book that was to be remade in our own way. On Alison's webpage it has a variety of beautiful books she has created, and I wanted to share them with you!

I really like the way she works with paper and material sewing over them and writing on them, It's reminded me of a way in which I used to work and a way I would like to explore again. Next time, when I'm home if I remember I will dig out my altered book and put it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment