Tuesday 13 October 2009

Kino4: If (1968)

"One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place."- Mick Travis (Malcolm McDowell)


Tonight was the second screening of the Kino4 film club and this time it was "If" by Lindsay Anderson. Although I have seen this film before I thought it would be good to watch it again, and to hear other peoples opinions and takes on the film.

Overall I found the film to be quite odd and although there was a plot to the film at some points it felt like the direction was going off the point. I did enjoy the film and I think watching it the second time helped me understand things I hadn't before.


There were some really nice little parts in the film, attention to detail bits that made the film quirky and different to anything I have seen before. Although Malcolm McDowell is in both If and clockwork orange I found there to be similar elements in both the films.

This film includes whips, Scum, fagging, bullies and beatings! It's an interesting watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment