Wednesday 7 October 2009

Kino4 : Rollerball (1975)


Monday night was the first night of the Kino4 film showing, and Rollerball was a brilliant film to begin with! I had actually seen this film a few years ago, but in a different frame of mind, and slightly older I saw and understood things I hadn't before, and had also forgotten just how violent it was! I enjoyed this social event, and I'm excited to see what other films are coming our way!



Plot:
The film is based in 2018, a world where there is no crime and no war, in a futuristic society where corporations have replaced countries and are now the leaders of the world and controllers of the people. A violent game, rollerball, is used to control the populace by demonstrating the futility and individuality. One player Jonathan rises above this and fights for his personal freedom and threatens the corporate control.


No comments:

Post a Comment