Friday 9 October 2009

Sun Recordings: Blue Moon by Elvis Presley


Elvis Presley, Bill Black Scotty Moore & Sam Phillips February 3 1955

Recently I was asked to look and listen at Sun Recordings, a recording studio that recorded the likes of Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash. I was asked to listen to a specific song, "Blue Moon" sang by Elvis.

"Rock and roll music, if you like it, if you feel it, you can't help but move to it. That's what happens to me. I can't help it." - Presley

Sun Recordings, founded by Sam Phillips on March 27th 1952. Here in Memphis, Tennessee is where the magic began for Presely, Cash, Roy Orbison and Carl Perkins. Sun Recordings was to help them hugely in launching their career. After listening to this track i found myself sat for hours listening to Elvis, but more than that Johnny Cash (as I'm a huge fan of the film "walk the line"!).

FACT: Did you know that Elvis wasn't allowed to be shot on TV below the waist?Middle aged mums and dads didn't want their daughters seeing the sexual thrusting!I was fascinated by this!

No comments:

Post a Comment